The July 2008 edition of Islands Magazine recently voted St. Croix as one of the 10 best islands to live on. Why? It’s a U.S. territory, English-speaking, affordable and you can take a nonstop flight from the U.S. to easily get here. Here is the link to read more about St. Croix at Islands Magazine and also a St.Croix photo gallery too.
The Top 10 best islands to call home, based on experiences from expatriates, considering culture, weather and available real estate are…
- Palawan, Philippines
- Bequia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines
- Vanua Levu, Fiji
- Kangaroo Island, Australia: Abundance of wacky wildlife.
- Eleuthera, Bahamas: Tropical wilderness reigns.
- Orcas Island, Wash.: Emerald-green forests surrounded by the topaz-blue Salish Sea.
- Singapore: Interweaves cultures from all over the world.Kauai, Hawaii: America’s Pacific paradise.
- Ambergris Caye, Belize
- Gozo, Malta: A sunny, affordable Mediterranean island.
- St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands: U.S. territory, English-speaking, affordable — and there’s a non-stop flight.